At Disney ABC/Television Group, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
The HR Specialist Performs a wide range of responsibilities within a framework set by HR leadership and the local client in support of our service delivery model which includes:
- Strategy Development
- Organization Design
- Global Talent Management
- Organization & Employee Effectiveness
- Change and Transition Management
- Functional HR Integration
The HR Specialist sits at the intersection of the HR Business Partner team and the business and is in a unique position to help shape employee experiences. The HR Specialist provides advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to help provide comprehensive support. They are also the main point of contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes, leaves of absence, corrective actions and staffing needs involving hiring approvals and position management. This role is expected to assess, prioritize and act on client requests as needed and communicate needs that require additional support to the appropriate sources. (e.g. Employee Relations, Compensation, Organization Management, Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations).
- Provide high quality, timely and professional client service and follow through to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Assist in advising and providing guidance in the administration of HR related policies, procedures and best practices.
- In partnership with HR Operations, support on-boarding and off-boarding activities. Partner with leaders and employees as needed through each step of the way, with a special attention to sensitive situations (e.g. involuntary separation).
- Provide coaching to leaders to make sure they understand all the steps involved, ensuring a seamless experience for the business and the employees.
- Help support end of year processes, including but not limited to compensation planning, talent calibration, performance review and assist with respective reporting and data collection.
- Maintain accurate client org charts, headcount and staff augmentation reports, were applicable.
- Administer local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as Lunch & Learns (as needed and/or when sponsored by HR) and/or client driven mentor programs.
- Provide information to leaders and HRBP’s in the development of talent solutions such as resources for career development and learning opportunities, or job descriptions for hiring.
- Proactively document, maintain, and organize area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards.
- Stay current on changes to HR policies and processes, and communicate changes to appropriate audiences.
- Establish and maintain strong cross functional relationships with HR functional partners and key stakeholders.
- Report and/or create presentations that discuss the findings of a research project.
- Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the ‘big picture’.
- Solutions oriented professional that enjoys thinking ‘outside the box’ in order to come up with the best solution to meet client and business needs.
- Strong, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience (individual contributor to executive level).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple competing priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through.
- Relationship focused, with approachable style and ability to establish rapport with employees and key partners at all levels.
- Resourceful in navigating various company policies and processes, in order to ensure a comprehensive response to a client need, or inquiry.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fastpaced, highly ambiguous environment. Adaptable in navigating through change.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Outlook, SAP and the Internet.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.