Verdant is seeking a talented Principal Consultant to join our Consulting Practice Team. This position will have the opportunity to “break out” from more restrictive organizations and achieve their potential in multiple avenues while working in a very supportive organization. This position involves 50% travel, thereby fostering a healthy work/life balance.
- Set and drive strategic direction, ensuring profitable growth for Verdant, the quality of consulting delivery and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Develop and manage client relationships ensuring a successful partnership between the Verdant and the client
- Direct business operations including interfacing with clients, ensuring the effective delivery of our services and developing and growing business.
- Translate business visions, goals, objectives and high-level requirements into solutions and corresponding compelling project proposals.
- Propose and articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences including the business value, approach, deliverables and expected outcomes.
- Influence and communicate with all levels of stakeholders including senior executives, directors, managers and junior staff.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and perform professional services activities alone or with a supporting team.
- Provide guidance, lead and mentor consultants on project teams.
- Develop and/or manage one or more practice areas for company. This includes designing and presenting new services offerings.
- Create and implement operational processes to drive consistency and support the achievement of company business strategies.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree. Major in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or Food Sciences preferred.
- Outstanding general consulting skills (soft skills, structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and stakeholder engagement)
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills
- Knowledge and experience in significant aspects of related disciplines such as Enterprise Software, Enterprise Architecture, Agile Software Development and Digital
- Experience with Manufacturing or Retail industries including specific experience with enterprise supply chain solutions
- At least 8 years of IT consulting experience with at least 4 years in a professional services firm
- Ability to operate in a fluid environment and comfortable with high levels of uncertainty
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Up to 50% travel required.
We are an IT consulting and service company that specializes in enterprise systems used by companies in the food & beverage, medical device, and high-tech industries. We provide software implementation, customizations, process consulting, managed services and application hosting; we also develop value-add proprietary products. As a triple bottom line company, we measure our success by our financial performance, our individual and collective contributions to society, and our ecological responsibility. We believe that our success is inextricably bound to the success of our customers, and the best way to achieve our goals is to assist our customers to meet theirs.