The Ultimate Coworker Gift Guide For The Holidays
It's stressful enough that you've got to buy gifts for family and friends but...coworkers?
Whether it's for a White Elephant party or your Secret Santa pick or for the boss you want to impress, finding the perfect gift gets tricky when you only know the person in a professional setting. Consider these options for everyone on the list:
THE office Bro (because we can't exclude him...right?)
You know the one. While waiting for your turn at the Keurig, you ask him how his weekend was, and he goes straight into his favorite teams' (that's plural) plays and scores and you're nodding and wondering how many hours he actually spent last weekend in front of a flat screen TV. But you're open-minded enough to not write off sports lovers, he means well, and he really came through on that last big project. Gift him.
- An Uber Gift Card — They're new, and they're gonna be huge. For the next time he hits a British pub to watch his favorite premier league team play at 5:30AM (when he plans to down more than a few shandies).
- The Godfather Collection on DVD — For all the times he quotes Al Pacino in marketing meetings.
- Bacon bandaids — Because...dudes love bacon.
1. For your work wife, this. | 2. For the Zooey Deschanel in your life, this. | 3. For the homebody with taste, that.
THE new girl-ish GIRL
We all know one, and we've all spent way too much time explaining why coffee actually is necessary for some of us, but also just as many hours feeling elevated after one of her tremendous pep talks.
- Knit Wit Magazine — We recently interviewed the founder, and really, what's better than smart articles on knitting?
- Tuesday Bassen pins (we like this + this) — Almost too cute but with a little edge. Very Zooey.
- Sparkle & Shine Compact Mirror — If you're a big spender, pair it with a gold hairbrush. Because all that glitters also sparkles.
the Social Media Coordinator (Or Just the Socially Savvy)
She (or OK, he) spends all her time liking and commenting and following and retweeting and you're like: how does her head not explode? But the fact that she does means you don't have to, and you owe her a good gift.
- "At Least You're Cool on the Internet" Patch - 'Nuff said.
- Glitter & Glow iPhone Case — It's glittery. It glows. It's glittery. It glows.
- Or a DIY Letterboard Case — In case you haven't caught on, iPhone cases are kind of the perfect coworker gift.
1. For the obsessive foodie, this. | For the nouveau feminist in your life, this. | For the break room buddy with a sweet tooth, that.
THE snooty foodie
Because no one talks more smack about the office coffee.
- Grubhub/Seamless Gift Card — For luxe lunches.
- Compartés Chocolate Bar — Because Mast chocolate was so last year.
- At-home Mushroom Farm — Your palette may not be evolved enough to appreciate mushrooms, but theirs definitely is.
THE it's 5pm and i'm HOMEBODY
You can't get them to stay out past happy hour, and they spend more time with their dog than humans, but they're totally OK with that.
- Field Theory Albarino — Because dinner at home calls for a nice bottle of wine, and grocery store Chardonnay gets sad.
- Future Is Female Tee — Someone once said that the best Sunday loungewear makes a statement. (OK, we said it.)
- Artisanal Popcorn Kit — Perfect for Netflix binges on a Tuesday night.
1. For the tech kid on staff, this. | 2. For the lady who likes a little bling, this. | 3. For the white elephant gift winner, that.
THE big boss
Time to impress. No pressure or anything...
- Kate Spade Bow Paperclips — The classiest $10 you'll spend.
- A Cute Desktop Planter (plus cactus or succulent) — A personalized gift that just screams "I'm thoughtful and unique."
- Donors Choose Gift Card — And this screams "I care about something other than myself."
the work wife
No one knows how many times you've stayed out too long at lunch—except her. Bribe time.
- Best Babe Necklace Set — A gift for her. A gift for you.
- S'mores Kit — Break room party for two, no one else allowed.
- I Am Very Busy Sweatshirt — Splurge. (But she's worth it.)
and FOR THE WHITE ELEPHANT PARTY...
Because you're competitive as hell, and you want yours to be the gift everyone fights over.
- Happy Face Lunchbag — Embarrassing? Or badass?
- Peach Emoji Socks — We all know what they really are.
- I Regret Nothing Hangover Kit — After all, it is an office holiday party.
What gifts have been a smash in your office? Let us know in the comments!