Who is Pana?
Our core values…
- Make Safe Spaces
- People are happiest and most effective when they can take risks without fear of being judged as stupid, negative, or disruptive. We encourage admitting mistakes, asking questions, and offering new ideas.
- Say What You Mean
- We openly share our thoughts and feelings because we believe that debate leads to better decisions. We care about seeing each other succeed, so we frequently give direct and specific positive and constructive feedback to each other.
- Check Your Ego
- We’re solving unknown and complex challenges, so we constantly challenge our own assumptions and beliefs. We engage others’ feedback early and often, because we believe that teams accomplish more than individuals.
You will contribute to our web interface that thousands of customers use to book travel daily. You will contribute to our online concierge dashboard—the tool that enables our travel team to message and take care of customers.
As we're an early-stage company, our engineers have the unique opportunity to touch all parts of our product lifecycle. While your primary role will be to architect, code, test, and ship web technology, you will also help brainstorm, design, and prototype evolutions of the product. You will get a chance to understand the core problems that we're solving at Pana, allowing you to better serve the user in your execution of our product strategy.
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code within committed timelines that delights product users
- Support fellow engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions.
- Understand the reasoning behind key product and design decisions and contribute good solutions to implementation and architecture discussions.
- Be a great agile team member
- Help lead key initiatives to improve our product and team
The Typical Day
- Writing code!
- White-boarding the benefits and disadvantages of various approaches to an architecture decision.
- Testing initial prototypes with the product team to solicit feedback and iterate on the next version.
- Reviewing your code, architecture, and style decisions with other engineers.
- Around 3 years of experience in an engineering role at a software company.
- A background in one or more of the following: front-end web development, back-end development, API development, software engineering, product design, and product management.
- Solid knowledge of SQL or similar data query language.
- Comfortability with developing against and contributing to a Node/Express.js backend.
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience.
- Passions for learning and problem solving.
- Ability to work in-person at our office in Denver (we're in RiNo!).