The Social Media and Design Specialist helps develop and implement social media strategies across all relevant social media and marketing channels and is responsible for graphic design for other communications channels, working collaboratively with other parts of the Marketing and iRelaunch organization. This position interfaces most frequently with the Chief Marketing Officer as well as the Communications Specialist. As a key member of our team, in addition to the specific duties listed below, the Social Media and Design Specialist may occassionally be called on to support other activities across the company.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow iRelaunch's presence and the engagement of its community across social media platforms and other marketing channels, including both paid and unpaid marketing.
- Develop a social media dashboard of key metrics to track and report on a regular basis to assess effectiveness of various campaigns and channels.
- Design graphic and textual content for social media posts on behalf of of iRelaunch and its clients, and track metrics for each post to report to clients and internally as needed.
- Communicate with social media industry professionals and influencers to create a strong network.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Manage iRelaunch's various private Facebook Groups and the LinkedIn Group, including driving engagement in the groups, posting to the groups, moderating as needed, and approving members and posts.
- Design brochures, business cards, digital ads and other visual media to support the iRelaunch Marketing strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum; advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years of recent experience in marketing and social media
- High level of comfort and experience in the digital world
- Proven track record of growing an online community
- Familiarity with advertising on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media channels
- A career break is a bonus, but not required
- Deadline-driven, highly organized, task-oriented
- Highly creative marketer, able to generate new ideas but also take direction from others
- Ability to look ahead and anticipate changes needed given trends in the marketplace
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in small to medium sized businesses
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the company's mission of helping professionals return to the paid workforce, and the companies that hire them
- Proven ability to think and work very efficiently, asking for help and updating others on progress as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Design-savvy; experienced with design tools such as Canva.com, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; creative problem solving
- Ability to integrate into and work effectively as part of a remote team
- Tech-savvy - able to or open to learning to navigate edits to websites