About Your Role
We are looking for a passionate Community Manager for Fandom’s Movies/TV vertical who will live and breathe film and television fan communities. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build the galaxy’s best fan experience for our movie and TV audience. You will be one of the main faces and voices of the vertical, responsible for partnering with our users in the development and health of movie and TV communities and official partnership execution, and to grow and engage their audiences.
The ideal Community Manager should have a feeling of ownership over growing movie/TV traffic, active users, and audience engagement and retention. Our approach is that the best way to do this is by making sure that communities are happy, healthy, and engaged with the platform. You will be a brand ambassador, someone who interacts with our community members, assists them when they reach out to you, receive and broadcast feedback, and provide world-class support as a public representative of Fandom.
This role is open to remote OR our San Francisco office!
- Develop and execute new community and audience growth and engagement strategies for the Movies/TV vertical
- Work directly with our communities as a key point of support and community health
- Work on business development initiatives to execute official integration and support
- Promote Movies/TV communities on social media, websites, forums, and other sites
- Generate reports monitoring the growth, health, and overall status of key communities
- Identify and track potential opportunities for official partnerships and other brand deals
- Previous online community management or other service-oriented experience
- Passion for online communities and expertise about a broad range of film and television properties across multiple genres
- Skilled communicator able to craft language translating business needs into community-friendly language
Bonus points if you...
- Familiarity with MediaWiki and wiki markup
- Basic familiarity with HTML and CSS
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture