Everything You Need To Know About Freelance & Hustling*
This article is part of our All About That Hustle Week. Trust us, there's more to read.
We're all bad at productivity. Seriously, procrastination is what makes us human. But that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.
Career Contessa has been writing articles about everything career-related for years now so we figured we'd round up some of the best advice on our popular topics. 'Cause you know, who wants to go wading through the archives? We're calling it the #CCTMI Series (because the goal here is to give you so much help, you're sick of us) and publishing a new roundup each Friday. Bookmark this page for later, and check back next week for a stockpile of our best job hunting advice.
But now: that hustle life.
*And then some.
BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS BEST TO START AT THE VERY BEGINNING.
- Side Hustle Week - Bookmark this page for five days worth of hustling tips.
- Thinking About Going Freelance? Here’s What You Need to Know - Yes, it actually might be too good to be true.
- The Plus Side of Pursuing a Side Project - But then again, there are some major perks.
- How to Stay Motivated When You’re Self-Employed - Pull out that can of dry shampoo and get yo'self out of the house.
- 10 Qualities All Freelancers Need - At least eight of these you'd never guess.
- Should You Tell Your Boss Your Side Hustling? - The Million Dollar Question.
- How to Brand Yourself Without Spending a Dime - Because when you're freelancing, you are your product.
IT'S NOT ALL KITTENS AND ICE CREAM AND DAISIES.
- Taking a Leap of Faith and Surviving the Aftermath - There will be Dark Days...
- Overcoming Creative Burnout - We all get it now and again.
- 7 Ways to Beat the Work-from-Home Blues - Feeling lonely?
- Freelance Diary: Learning to Find Balance - Even the best freelancers shut off now and again.
- My Side Hustle Didn’t Work — And I’m Psyched. - Just in case.
BECAUSE NOW YOU'RE CUTTING YOUR OWN PAYCHECK.
- The Freelancer’s Guide to Budgeting - It's not as simple as planning around twice monthly pay days, but you've got this.
- How a Freelancer Prepares for the Future - Three words: 401k. 401k. 401k.
- Broke? Supplement Your Paycheck with These Side Hustles - To make up for all those summer trips you already booked.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE SKILLS.
- Working with Clients: How Long Should You Wait to Respond to Emails? - including tips on the most nagging clients.
- How to Find Your First Freelance Clients - To make money, you have to go where the people are.
- How to Grow Your Freelance Career…By Getting Rid of Clients - And then you have to let some of those people go.
WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT OUR FRIENDS?
This Mom Makes a Full-Time Living on Etsy - This side hustle unicorn gives us all hope.
Hire a Mentor - Use our new service to talk directly to someone who runs their own business or side gig. They'll give you personalized advice on starting yours.
- How to Make Time for Your Side Hustle (Even When You're Busy) - #NeverSurrender
- 11 Lessons on Making Your Side Hustle Your Main Gig - Trust Refinery29 to bring you some side gig gold.
- 9 Money Making Weekend Side Gigs You Haven't Thought of Yet - A perfect way to kickstart your creative thinking.
- Two Inboxes - What list is complete without a side hustle podcast?
- 5 Ways a Side Hustle Can Advance Your Career - Because the energy goes both ways.
- Tips for Freelancing While Working Full-time - Last but certainly not least.
YOU'LL WANT TO COME BACK TO THIS LATER.
Who know when you'll come up with your next great side project idea? That's why we made a handy Pinterest-friendly image for you (ahem »»). That way, we're always here when you need us. Add our roundup to your go-to board for future reference or to share it with your job hunting friends.
And don't forget to follow our TMI series using the hashtag #CCTMI. There's more in store so catch ya next week.
* * *
Did we miss anything? If you have a question that's not answered with the countless, clever, beautiful articles in this roundup, leave it for us in the comments and we'll make sure to answer it for you.